Careers at SOVAS
If you would like to become part of a supportive, collaberative and giving team, we’d love to hear from you. SOVAS is a Non Profit Organization supporting victims of violence and abuse. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Posting for 16 hour a week Counselling Position
South Okanagan Victim Assistance Society
Counsellors at SOVAS provide mid-range individual and group counselling and related support to adult women and men who have experienced violence in relationships, sexualized assault, or childhood abuse. Counsellors also plan, implement and oversee the day to day activities of the program and liaise with community partners. Services are provided from a systemic, feminist and trauma informed perspective in accordance with the STV Counselling contract with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General and SOVAS’ policies and procedures.
- Provide individual and group counselling for adult women and men survivors of childhood abuse, sexualized assault and/or violence in relationships.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date clinical records and statistics.
- Work collaboratively to manage and develop the program.
- Take a leading role in program coordination.
- Participate in collaborative decision making.
- Participate in creating community awareness of SOVAS, its services and issues related to violence in relationships.
- Consult, network and liaise with community agencies and professionals to maintain up-to-date information on available resources, maintain positive community relations and build mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Commit to on-going professional development and clinical supervision.
- Degree in counselling or related social service field is preferred. An undergraduate degree and relevant counselling experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience providing counselling for survivors of abuse from a systemic, feminist and trauma informed perspective.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and exercise creative problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated computer and administrative skills.
- A commitment to on-going self-care.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to South Okanagan Victim Assistance Society. Posting will be open until filled. Attn: Lorraine Renyard, Executive Director email@example.com